Sunday, January 17, 2010

A girlie thing

So we all know that Darby enjoys all things boy related, especially clothes, which on most days doesn't bother me too much. However I miss out on the fun things that most mom and daughters do together, like shopping for clothes or doing hair and fake makeup and what not, so it is nice when I can get her to do anything girlie with me! On Friday this was a haircut . . .even though she drug her feet initially and I bribed her with a cookie at the coffee shop next door, I got her to get her hair washed, cut, and even styled!!!! She had a smile on her face leaving the hair salon and she even told me she enjoyed it! Here is her beautiful cut and style and general cuteness :)




Oh, but have no fear, the enjoyment didn't last long, only until she realized that she didn't like her haircut . . . .she was fine when we were in the house but once I told her it was time to go to Kindermusik she went to her room, shut and door and started crying. . . . I finally convinced her to come out and put a hat on it if she was embarassed. Which she did, sideways, gangsta style :) But she still looked cute and I guess it's pretty girlie to through a tantrum about your latest haircut . . .right?

No comments: