Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One month down . . .

Brendan is now officially a month old and doing pretty good. I would really like to say that he is the easiest baby and 3 is just as easy as 2 and blah blah blah, all the things that everyone said to me before we had him, but that would just be flat out lying :)

He is a little colicky on some nights with a few days relief in there. The last 2 days have been good, phew, cause I was thinking I might have to start adjusting my diet. Like not eat chocolate or all the yummy things that I love. He is starting to smile and that makes everything pretty much worth it. I know we'll get into a routine once my mom leaves but it's going to take some adjusting. I can tell you that the house/laundry/cooking is all going to be low priority on my list and my and the kids' sanity is going to be numero uno! It's amazing how quickly you can adjust to someone else doing all that fun house stuff and get REALLY lazy :) Thanks mom for allowing me to do that! She has been incredible over the last 3 weeks! B had his one month appointment yesterday and although I didn't get the exact weight and height he's 90th percentile for both and almost 13 pounds.

Erich has his surgery scheduled for Friday at noon and has to be off his feet for 3 days . . .then 2 weeks of non-weight bearing or in other words, non-kid carrying, then I guess we'll see. It should be an interesting month to say the least, a true test of my patience and understanding for sure. At least the weather will hopefully start getting much nicer and we can spend more and more time outside.

Here are a couple of recent pictures. . .

Grandma and the kids making jellybean bunnies



Darby and Trev show off their tiny baby snowman


Trevor found the "Blue" costume and had to wear it . . .it goes great with cowboy boots too!


Brendan loves baths

Shocking!

Skiing with grandma

All bundled in

Well, that's all for now . . . wish us luck, we're gonna need it . . .or something :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

gosh, i wish i was closer so i could come help out...man little brendan sure looks like erich...what a little cutie! so nice to have your mom there...i remember i cried when my mom left after cole was born...anyways, hang in there...we will be thinking of you guys!

heather said...

I love the bath picture. He is precious. Glad you guys are doing good. We miss you.