Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A banging start to the new year

Just wanted to update the blog with a few pics, videos and stories before my brain truly turns to mush and I forget everything. It's likely my memory will return, but even so will probably not have the energy or time to truly record everything as I should.

We're finally back on the normal routine this week and it's always an adjustment especially when we're looking at such a busy month. I'm teaching for the whole month of January (we usually teach 1 week and then rotate) so that will be busy, then we have Kindermusik starting back up, starting swim lessons for both the kids tomorrow, ski lessons, and of course my midwife appts which are now coming every 2 weeks, phew . . .anyways at least these last weeks of the pregnancy will go fast. Hopefully the kids won't feel too neglected when I start adding a two hour mandatory mommy nap to our afternoons :)

Darby had her first ski lesson last Saturday and did great! Especially considering that it was 10 degrees out and blowing wind. It was a 2 hour lesson and she had a great time, even took a couple of runs with Erich after the lesson. I got to hang in the lodge and babysit Trev when he wasn't out on the slopes. You can see from most of the pictures that he is just so happy when he's out there! Doing great for 2 and a 1/2 years old I'd say.

So Darby had me cracking up so hard tonight that I was almost crying. Not because she is great at telling jokes or funny faces but because this girl is DRA-MATIC! with a capital Q-U-E-E-N! She was going to the bathroom when I hear her screaming "My underwear! My underwear!" hysterically screaming, blood curdling screaming. . . I rush back to the bathroom, thinking she'd #2'd herself or something gross like that but I get there and she's looking down at her pants around her ankles and she says "My underwear, it's gone!" Now sometimes she doesn't wear underwear (don't ask) so I said "Maybe you just didn't put any on today", "No, I did, I had it on before I went to the bathroom and now it's gone! It's gone!!!" sob sob sob and then "oh, never mind." As she looks down at herself and there were her underwear, right where they should be . . .pulled right up and covering her little dramatic butt! For a second I was really perplexed as to how her underwear had just gone missing while her pants were still around her ankles :)

Definitely made my evening as I was exhausted from a long day. The other thing I keep forgetting to blog about are Darby's future plans . . .she wants to be a police officer. At first I thought it was just a passing thing but she has asked me repeatedly what type of schooling she will have to do and how old she will have to be to be a police officer. When we went to the musical Hairspray! in the scene where they are in jail and the policemen come out in their unis Darby turned to me and said "I can't wait to wear my police hat!" I'd much rather her strive to stay on that side of the law any day :)

Trevor is adorable these days! His vocab and ability to communicate feelings and thoughts is getting more advanced everyday . . .but his speech still has the cuteness of a 2 year old, it's the best combination. Our favorite over the holidays was when he would talk about his "buxedo." His buxedo pants, buxedo jacket, buxedo vest, buxedo all the time :) He's started saying things like "I'm getting frustrated" instead of screaming, a much needed change. He loves to play with Darby and calls her "Darbs" all the time. "Look at this Darbs!" "That's cool Darbs" it is just precious. They have been playing "cops" together so maybe he'll want to get into law enforcement too :) He his still super cuddly and most of the time annoying, his favorite time to cuddle? . . .when we're trying to change his diaper or clothes. He is all over me, hugging, kissing, saying "I like you mom." Most days I try to enjoy what will surely be a passing phase, but some days I just have to push him away because you can only have so many kisses in a 30 second time period . . .I'd say 10 maybe :)

Thanks for making it through this long, long blog :) Anyways, here are a couple of videos and pictures from the past couple of weeks, hope you enjoy.

This is of Darby and Trevor at the rehearsal dinner last week where Trev did some Karaoke. . .Erich caught them trying to slow dance too :) (password for both is hannanfamily)


Can I have this dance? from Molly Hannan on Vimeo.

Here is a video of Trevor skiing with Erich. Erich said Trev was speaking jibberish the entire time down the hill.


Trevor skiing from Molly Hannan on Vimeo.





2 comments:

Erin said...

i just think it's the coolest thing that your kids ski this young...i wish so much we could teach our kids, but we need to learn first! nice pics!

5 Cougs said...

The underwear story in priceless! Glad to hear it lifted your spirits.