Last week was the last week of school for the kids before the new year so they had their little Christmas party/program. The kids are always so cute and this year was no exception. Here are a couple of videos from that, and they are mostly for the grandparents because they are a little long so you might want to skip over those :) (password: hannanfamily)
Nativity play from Molly Hannan on Vimeo.
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from Molly Hannan on Vimeo.
This weekend was also the weekend of RightNow's Christmas Stroll (in lieu of a Christmas Party). It was pretty fun and santa was there, we took the kids, had a great time. I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the Christmas party normally so this was a nice change. Right Now is getting so big and I am terrible at b.s. so with most of the people there I just feel uncomfortable and awkward. It was nice to have the kids there this year as an excuse to not mingle so much and just get in and get out quickly :)
Saturday, the temperatures and weather went crazy but Erich and his friend Chuck still went up to Bridger for Chuck's bachelor party! They were CRAZY . . .you wouldn't have caught me dead skiing on a day like that. But Erich said it was knee deep powder and pretty fun. The kids and I went a little stir crazy inside but did get out for a movie, Bolt, and had a great time. That is until we had to hike it back to the car in -15 degree and blowing weather. . .I think Trevor almost got frostbite on his hands :( Poor guy.
This week we're just finishing up Christmas stuff and I'm happy to say that I'm pretty much done and ready for the big day. Anna and Rich will be here so that will be fun! I still have lots of cleaning to do, but that never does end so I'll just keep it dirty until the fam get here :)
The kids are having a great time anticipating Santa Claus and making cookies and ornaments . . .they are pretty excited. And get this, Darby asked for a doll this year from Santa!!!!!! Shock and mouth dropping on my part. WHAT?!??! What happened to the shoes that she had been wanting and that's such an uncharacteristic gift coming from here. When I asked her for specifics, so Santa could know what to get, she said "oh he's going to surprise me . . he'll know what to get me." Yikes! I hope Santa really knows her well and gets the right dolly.
What more can I say about the kids, I know I should blog more so I can document all the cute things they say and do but I just haven't been able to find the time. Darby is amazing to me everyday with her knowledge of word definitions, "hey mom, do you know that precisely and exactly are synonyms?"; her ability to spell and write new words; her ability to read and play music on her glockenspiel; and her amazing memory for songs, she can now sing almost every song from Hairspray! and she even has some of the moves down from the dances!
Life has been quite a bit easier with Trevor since we poo-poo'd the potty training thing. He amazes me everyday with his loving nature, he will kiss me and hug me at random times (almost annoyingly); his ability to figure things out, he can work a 24 piece box puzzle with no help and in record time; his sensitivity, "you're hurting my feelings mom, stop it!"; his ability to sing songs along with his sister; his outgoing nature, he makes friends everywhere we go; and his energy, an energy all his own that is all boy!
Wow, this turned into a long post, sorry. I guess when I don't post for a while it takes me a while to catch up. I know I've missed all sorts of things and hopefully I will remember to post later. On my front, besides my crazy mood swings (see last week's post), I'm doing pretty good with all the running around lately. I feel HUGE and cannot believe that I have at least 10 more weeks to grow and be uncomfortable. But that's also 10 more weeks to soak in time with Trevor and Darby and make the house ready for a great homebirth!
Anyways, here are some pictures over the last month.
![]() |
| Christmas time |

2 comments:
Brrrr! The pics of Trevor's window made COLD! Love the pics. Darby and Trevor sure are growing up fast and new Baby Pumpkin Hannan will be here before you know it! I think it is great that you are going to do a homebirth! Happy Holidays! Hope you are able to stay warm.....Daubach19
i love the snow pics...how i wish we had snow like that for my kids to play in. sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment