Thursday, August 14, 2008

A day to rest

So today is the day that I've told myself I'm finally going to get to work on all the things I need to get done around here. . . .we'll see how it works out. I have already done a load of laundry, although it's not folded and could potentially stay that way until I actually need something out of that load. Ah, well, again it has been a pretty long time since I've posted and I'm not quite sure what has gone on except that we seem to be on the move a lot! I decided last minute last week to head to north Idaho to see my little sister Mary who was visiting my parents. So the kids and I took off on Thursday and came back on Sunday. It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. We rode bikes, picked raspberries and cherries, saw a bat, ate yummy food, and enjoyed being with my family. Unfortunately there was no TV to enjoy the Olympics, especially the opening ceremonies but thank goodness for Tivo because I got to check it out and fast forward the boring stuff when I got home. The opening ceremonies were amazing and even in light of all the "faked" stuff that's coming out I still thought it was breathtaking!

This week we've had lots of catch up as it seems we just can't keep up with everything that needs to get done. Classes are all over for Darby so we get to enjoy some lazy mornings. We hit the pool on Tuesday afternoon, only our 4th time this year but it was fun! Darby LOVES it! She would stay in the water for 4 hours if I let her. Trevor enjoys it but since the pool doesn't even open until 1 he hits his naptime before too long and is ready to go. We're gearing up for another weekend away, we're headed to some friends' house on Canyon Ferry. Then my friend Kara and I will drive to Missoula on Saturday night for a continuing education course on Sunday. It's about pregnancy and postpartum stuff so I'm pretty excited, it will be really interesting. Then there's only a couple of weeks and school and classes will start up again!!! CRAZY! We will be heading to Pullman for Labor Day if anyone is going to be around that parts we'd love to see you!

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures from our weekend. . .

Enjoying the view



Cool Riders

On the trail

Grandpa and Mary, the serious riders

Enjoying a book with Mary

With Grandma watching a totally inappropriate movie

No comments: