WHAT?!? The Cougs haven't made it to the sweet sixteen since 1941? Is that true? Insane! So I guess it's about time and Erich being there was definitely the clincher in those terribly NOT close games :)
We had such a good time with the first and second rounds of the tournament this year and Erich had a blast! Unfortunately for him all the games he watched were pretty much blowouts so none of the excitement that we've been seeing elsewhere, like Tampa for the Drake and UConn upsets . . .man I almost crapped my pants yesterday when Stanford almost lost in overtime! It's MADNESS I tell you!
Unfortunately Erich does not blog so you'll have to get my version of his trip. The one that I got from him which was a guy telling a story . . .yeah, I had to drag everything out of him, ask a thousand questions, if I hadn't I would've gotten "it was awesome!" and that's it :)
He drove down Wednesday night and stayed in Wyoming, some 3 hours from Denver and then made it to the Pepsi center for the first game on Thursday. He bought his tickets from this guy who posted on Craig's list and he invited Erich to his RV for prefunction goings on and in between games and whatnot. Erich said the guys were a bunch of characters but it was pretty fun to hang out and he loaned them all some Cougar gear so they could cheer for the Cougs . . .maybe they helped too :) Then after all the games Erich stayed with my sister and her boyfriend in Longmont and had a good time visiting them. And for the icing the Cougars killed their opponents in both games! Amazing and so refreshing as a Cougar fan to not worry about losing a 20 point lead in the last 2 minutes and "couging" it in the end. . .now "couging" it is going to be defined as kicking ass and taking names. Anyways, he drove through the night with a little break and made it here at about 10 this morning. It was great to have him home but he was pretty worthless after pulling an all nighter. Still nice to have someone else brushing a screaming 22 month old's teeth :) What a great weekend! And stay tuned for the Cougs vs. North Carolina . . .NC was looking pretty good today but they weren't playing the Cougs.
No comments:
Post a Comment