Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Well, with Erich gone over the last few days we really didn't do too much for Easter this year . . .I was feeling kind of guilty because Darby kept asking about the Easter bunny. And since Erich wanted to be here for the coming of the Easter bunny we had to tell her that he couldn't make it to our house until after lunch :) Anyways, Darby, Trevor and I went to the community Easter Egg hunt yesterday with some friends and had a good time . . .they got so much candy!!!! I swear it is worse than Halloween! Anyways, Darby is good about self regulating, one treat a day, but at that rate she will still have Easter candy at next years Easter Egg hunt.

The kids and I had fun while Erich was away. I was worried with how things were going to go considering the horrendous day we had with Darby not just Wed. but Thurs. as well. I was really thinking that I needed to go get a CAT scan of her brain because she was not acting like her sweet little self at all. On Thursday when I picked her up from school I had to carry her SCREAMING at the top of her lungs and force her to get into her car seat while she was screaming and crying. I think I kept my cool pretty well (thank you Love and Logic) but I almost started crying too. She was being terribly mean to Trevor all day and I was just at my wits end, wanting to scream at her and cuddle her and ask her what was wrong at the same time. God help me when she's a teenager. I think she was just not feeling very good, not a cold, no symptoms but you know when you just don't feel good or are getting something? That's what I think was going on with her. She was probably also sad about Erich leaving as she has been expressing those type of emotions a lot more lately. Anyways, things changed drastically on Friday and it was no problem all weekend.

Trevor and Darby enjoyed their Easter baskets and all the candy and hunting the eggs . . .very low key for us today. We just had a mellow day of basketball and hanging out with dad! Good to have him home!

Trevor has now attached himself to the baby doll that was Darby's and carries it EVERYWHERE with him. It's really cute, he brushes her teeth, lets her sit and eat breakfast with him, sleeps with her, and body slams her on the floor . . .hmmm. He has also started the "laughing at farting" stage of a boy's life. He thinks it's hilarious anytime anyone farts and he says "toot" and laughs and laughs. He is also calling a belly button a "butt." I keep trying to correct him but to no avail, it's just a butt to him. Darby has been performing "shows" for me, Trev, and Erich lately. She likes to end all her shows with the splits, it's pretty funny. And she's so imaginative, she loves to sing and dance and perform, hopefully she will be willing to share for some video soon. Well, I'd better head to bed . . .how bout that, two long posts in one day!

Easter

3 comments:

Kaelee said...

Sounds like Erich's trip was a good time...So stoked for Sweet Sixteen, I am so ready to rip up my bracket and use it as confetti when WSU beats NC! Easter at the Hannan's sounded great, love all the pics...So glad that your weekend went awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the body slam with Darby's doll. That's great. Glad you guys had a good Easter. luv u

Erin said...

nice pics molly...we also had a low-key easter. jade is completely addicted to chocolate eggs now...uh oh! love the little story about trevor and "toots"...i can completely see cole being excited about the same thing when he is trevor's age! boys! boys!