Friday, March 14, 2008

A Sick Child

Oh poor Miss Darby, she caught another cold. . .and this one is a doozy. It seems like we all just can't be 100% healthy around here. She is actually taking a nap and has been for the last 2 hours! Crazy! She is just so congested at night that she is not sleeping well. But she is acting her normal self which is good but here is a look at her, "I'm so sick" face . . .

Trevor is feeling much better so that's nice, I think he passed it on to her. This weekend we will probably be laying fairly low, hopefully getting everybody back to normal. I'm heading out tomorrow night for a ladies' night and then Sunday Erich has his city league basketball playoffs. This week we had a great time at school and the kids are just so much fun . . .we talked about trusting and trying new things and I think I'm learning more than the kids. I've always felt that if I can't do something good than I didn't want to do it but now I'm thinking I was wrong my whole life. I hope my kids can learn to enjoy things just for the sake of enjoyment, not for winning, or being the best.

I feel like I've neglected to tell fun stories about the kids lately and even though they are constantly keeping me laughing or smiling I can't seem to remember any. Darby, yesterday when she wasn't feeling well came out after her nap and was whining, "I don't feel good, I don't feel good . . . can I watch some TV?" It was hilarious to me for some reason, but I'm sure no one reading this is busting a gut like I did . . .it was such a pathetic little attempt at getting what she wanted, very funny.

Trevor is such a little boy now, starting to be a little mischievous . . . snipering Darby's toys and playing with them, knocking down her block towers, throwing books all over the floor, all with a smile on his face. He likes to say things like "did it!" when he has successfully done something on his own. He's forming sentences and talking like a champ. It's so fun to see the differences in their little personalities. Trevor is more concerned about order . . .he never likes to be dirty and he definitely knows what he wants and which way he wants it. He can forcefully push you wherever he wants you to go, grab your hand and place it exactly where he needs it to be. For example when we're laying down to bed at night he will place my hand right on the small of his back or on his head to scratch and say "head." Darby is NOT all about order as she stuffs her folded laundry in her drawers so that they become crumpled and you can barely close the drawer. I think, whatever, but I know Erich HATES it. He's the order person in our relationship. It is so fun to watch them interact and they really play great together, in fact they prefer each other over me on most days. VERY nice for me :) Trevor still just calls Darby "bee" even though he can say Darby, it's pretty cute.

Enough chatting about nonsense, here's some pictures I thought were cute.

Total bed head!

This is a dog we saw on a walk here in Bozeman! He or she is wearing booties, like Uggs, and sporting a super cool hoody! So funny!

Hannan gals + Trevor

1 comment:

Kaelee said...

Hope Darby is feeling better.....Love Trevor's bed head....and his need for order....Kiara is totally about order in our house....