Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We just finished up our Thanksgiving day and are now relaxing with a little football. We are with Anna and Rich for the day and they made a great dinner. . . turkey, stuffing, cranberries, rolls, mashed and sweet potatoes, pumpkin and apple pie, the works! I'm going to have to run quite a few miles when I get home to make up all the calories that I've consumed on this trip. It's worth it though . . .you can't come to Pullman and not have Cougar Country or Basilio's Parmesan bread twist. . .I swear all I do is think of food, it's a wonder I'm not 200 pounds!

We've had a fun week here! I hit the rec center and few times and did a Yoga class, it's been so nice! So nice to not even think about what I'm going to do with the kids, lots of babysitters. Tuesday my mom, me and Darby went up to Spokane for a day of shopping and had a lot of fun. We did the Build-a-Bear-Workshop and Darby got to pick a stuffed animal for both her and Trevor. She picked a monkey and picked out this Army camouflage outfit and a Seahawks outfit for Trevor's . . . oh what a Tom-boy we have. My mom kept trying to get her to pick out a skirt but oh no, Darby wanted the Army one. And we also stopped at the Children's Place which has the cutest clothes and very not girly but Darby went straight to the boys department and proceeded to point out all the stuff she liked there . . .I really have to work on not trying to control her dressing, it is tough sometimes! Our last stop was Nordstrom's and I have to say, I love it there! The customer service is so great and they have such cute stuff!

Trevor has been a terror since we've been here, all boy! Stomping around in the dog water, screaming at the top of his lungs, breaking glasses, trying to pull nice dishes down on the floor, phew, it's hard work keeping up with him sometimes. Darby said something funny at the table the other morning . . .she is afraid of bees and witches (don't ask me where she came up with that one) and we have a "protective" spray at home that we use so she's not scared at night. So we were talking about that and she said, "Yea, the spray keeps away the bitches" :) Very funny and hard to keep a straight face.

Anyways, hope everyone had a great day and has safe travels. Erich heads over to Seattle tomorrow to go to the Apple Cup, it's like his 16th in a row . . .he just can't miss it. So Go Cougs!

1 comment:

Erin said...

sounds like a great time in pullman...love the story about darby = i can just hear her say that! erich is here, got here nice and safe! it's so nice to have company!