It even rained on us, it was glorious! But Darbs must have caught something at gymnastics or the Children's Museum because she woke up this morning puking and the other stuff too. Not so fun. And of course it had to happen on the day that I was supposed to fill-in as a PT. Yes, that's right, I do have a professional degree and I was going to put it to some use today but my daughter had different ideas. I felt terrible because it was the only day I was able to fill-in and I had care all lined up and everything. But I just couldn't justify potentially getting my friend's kids sick too. Hopefully nobody else around here will get whatever it was. Nothing big going on this weekend. Erich leaves for Boston next week for work and my mom is coming over to help us de-clutter and do some organizing. Hopefully we'll make a dent but it almost seems like a insurmountable task some days. Anyways, I'm going to enjoy my mellow day and not feel guilty about sitting the kids in front of some TV a little more than usual, oh and clean up puke and whatnot :)
Friday, August 17, 2007
Smoke Free and Under the Weather
We have finally been relieved of the smoke in the valley and it's even rained a little bit! It's SO nice. It's overcast today and maybe will rain a little more . . . Darby finished off gymnastics week just fine, I think she had a lot of fun and it makes me feel really good about her ability to socialize and adapt that she was able to enjoy herself in such a chaotic, unfamiliar environment. Go Darby! So we had a great night last night, went out to dinner at La Parilla, very tasty, and then hit Music on Main with some music by the Hi Beams. They were this great country swing band and everyone was dancing, it was great! Here's some pictures.
Darby and Trevor, getting down
Tired Darby
Get down cowgirl!
A family affair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the kids dancing....Hope Darby is feeling better and that you guys had a good weekend!
Post a Comment