This is seriously what went through my mind at one time or another this week. I know, I'm crazy! I'm talking about Trevor who on Sunday developed a pretty obvious limp on the left side that did not go away until today. That's one week with an unexplained limp, no pain, no trauma, no fractures (we even took an x-ray), and no infections . . .what the hell?!? So I of course thought of all the worse case scenarios, all in which Trevor would fall gravely ill and die. Oh yeah, and the cyanide poisoning, that's because Trevor swallowed a plum pit whole. And did you know that there is cyanide in the pit?!? I had no idea, but my mom did and thought maybe we should call the doctor to see if we should make him puke or something. So I called poison control and sure enough plum pits contain cyanide . . .granted you have to crush them up and eat a ton, but still, cyanide?!? Then the lady at poison control told me to be on the lookout for bowel obstruction, very serious, where they would have to put my little boy under the knife and of course he would die then too . . .am I being a little dramatic?
That's me, hypochondriac, hyperanxious, hyper-worrier mom. Of course everything is just fine and Trevor passed the pit, my mom saved the dirty diaper for me to see, yummy . . .that had to hurt! His limp is pretty much gone and when Trevor had his 15 month appointment today the doctor said that she sees it all the time and they just cannot say what it is for sure. I hate that! I just hate not having an explanation, I need answers dammit! Okay, enough of that. Erich has been gone all week and poor guy got stuck in Boston for an extra night because of crappy weather in Chicago. He was supposed to get in last night at 10:00 and instead is on his way to arrive in Bozeman at 11:00 tonight. He will be happy to be home and I will be happy to have him home.
Speaking of that, I was in co-sleeping hell last night! Let me just say that we are co-sleepers and love it! We did with Darby and now with Trevor and there's nothing like waking up to that smiling face every morning, or a little cuddle in the middle of the night. Last night, Trevor just wasn't settling in and once he finally did at like 3:30 in the morning, Darby woke up and was hysterically wanting her daddy, well, no can do sweetheart, and into the bed with me and Trevor she came. But then she wasn't really sleepy so she woke up Trevor and of course I was already awake and then we were all awake in the bed until about 6:30 in the morning, me crying because all I wanted to do is sleep and Darby and Trevor having fun playing peek-a-boo around mom's trying to sleep body. So I'm exhausted and will head to bed promptly after this post. Nothing like a little venting to put me to sleep :)
We've had a great week with my mom here! I would have gone totally nutso if it weren't for her. Not as productive as I would've liked but I did get the toys sorted out and boxed to give away . . . I can't believe how much crap we had! Anyways, maybe I'll be a little more motivated to organize next week. I'm definitely more motivated to not buy any more crap and that in itself is a big plus . . .Erich will be very pleased to hear that. So, off to bed I go and hope for a blissful night's sleep. Maybe I should knock myself out so even if the kids are crying or awake I can just lay sleeping, unknowing and absorbed in my dream state, aahhhh. Yeah, in my dreams, that's for sure!
1 comment:
oh gosh molly, i would have been thinking the same things you were...that is so weird...glad that the dr said it was - normal - i wonder what it was?? now i am going to be on the lookout with cole...:)
Post a Comment