We are in the throws of an amazing thunder and lightning storm right now. . . I love it but I may lose this blog post before long. Here comes the hail which are reportedly nickel sized. . .yikes! We have actually had a great day so far, we spent the entire morning at the park in beautiful weather, I think I even got some sun burn on my shoulders. We hit the timing perfectly, just as we were driving home we could see the storm coming in. It's been beautiful out lately so we've been spending a lot of time outside. Gardening, hiking, playing and biking. Darby earned a new bike, that's right, earned! I made a ring chain for 10 chores and she had to do 10 things to earn her bike. I really wanted to just get her one but I think she's starting to get a little spoiled attitude. When we go to the store she'll say "what are you going to buy me mom?" and then if I tell her I have to go to the store to get something she says "for me?" In her world everything is for her :)
She had a hard time with the bike at first because she's used to her trike which you can pedal backwards but as we all know backwards on a bike is the breaks! You obviously can't ride a bike with the breaks on, but now I think she's got it down.
Darby is a little chocolate detective. . .she can sniff it out a mile away. . .I'm having a couple peanut M&Ms and she's off in the other room and ran in and asked for some chocolate. She doesn't miss a beat.
Here's some pictures of the last week and our outdoor fun
As you can see, Trevor's idea of outdoor fun is eating dirt and shoving rocks in his mouth . . what is it with that boy?!?
So the storm is over . . . that's what's so nice about Bozeman, the weather changes constantly, we'll have beautiful sunny skies before dinnertime I bet. Anyways, I'd better get to entertaining the little ones . . .
3 comments:
I miss those thunderstorms. Sounds like a fun day! lu H
cute pics molly! wish we lived closer so our kids could play together!
Love it Molly...The girls made me play the video of Darby riding her bike over and over....They love Darby and can't stop talking about her! I like that you had Darby earn her bike, I feel that my kids are all about "Me" too!
Post a Comment