Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Big Changes


There are some changes a happening around here. First of all, Brendan is all done nursing. I know, I know, it seems like he should have done with that a LONG time ago right? All my kids were/are extended nursers, Darby was kicked off the boob by Trevor coming along, Trevor was kicked off by Brendan coming along, and well, Brendan has been kindly kicked off by me. With a little bit of pushing by Erich who was over it about a year ago :)

It is a new experience for me and bittersweet, I am pretty excited to never have to worry about breast pumps, leaky boobs, public exposure, or heavy drinking, but I am also in mourning. Some women probably think I'm crazy but breastfeeding my kids has been one the most amazing experiences in my life! The bonding, the cuddling, the knowledge that my milk sustained them and helped them grow into the little people they are. *Sigh* I knew it couldn't go on forever but it has been a hard transition for both of us, two weeks after his last "meal" Brendan still asks to "hurse" at least 10 times a day. He says, "it's your hurse now mommy?" . . .how sweet is that? 7 years and 3 months later and they're once again my hursies.

Anyways, I will move on before the tears saturate the keyboard too much for me to continue typing. . .

I guess there aren't really too many other specific changes, except when I started this post (a week ago) I thought B was going to embark on the final stages of potty training. Alas, it was not in the cards, he had some successes but for the most part cannot be bothered with something as time consuming as sitting on the toilet. Even if it includes, chocolate, lollipops, and the angry birds game on Erich's iPad. Well, we'll try again soon I'm sure, and I will be able to give away all my diapers, pull-ups, and Bjorn potty seats!

It just seems like things have shifted a little with Brendan. Things are definitely getting easier in some ways, and harder in others. For example, eating. . . much easier with Brendan now that he's not nursing. But, getting anywhere fast. . . harder, because Brendan insists on doing most things himself and is a champion screamer and tantrum thrower when frustrated or not given exactly what he wants.

Again, all the changes, exciting and sad but inevitably a part of life. Love, love, love them all.

No comments: