Thursday, September 01, 2011

"Awesome, sweet!"




Those were Darby's words to describe her first day of the second grade! Music to my ears and makes me so happy! I think she was super excited because she gets to officially start cursive writing, which she has been doing at home and I have offered to teach her, but official, at school is best I guess :)

Trevor's day was great too . . .phew! Not that I had any doubts about what a great time he would have in the Sunshine classroom, but you know it always feels good to know it wasn't traumatic at all. He said "it was great!" and "I didn't get into any trouble at all!" :) Glad to know that he is conscious of getting into trouble. The teacher said he was awesome and a great leader in the classroom . . .awww, I love it!

It feels good to have them in school and our home life is so chaotic right now that the kids are stoked to get out of the house for the whole day. Now it's just me and Brendan, enjoying a couple days of peace and quiet, we'll see how long it takes him to get bored of me and demand that he get to play with D and T :)

No comments: