Friday, February 04, 2011

Corporal Punishment

Do you think it's okay to practice corporal punishment for your kids? Well, the other day I was REALLY tempted to. . . what did the criminal do? you might ask. Oh, it turns out to be nothing but a little washcloth in the toilet with poop pooped on top of it and a massive spillage of hair conditioning spray. All perpetrated by a 4 year old, Trevor, on accident, who told me that he had nothing to do with it. Unfortunately for Trevor I found all this out AFTER we were already late to pick up Darby thanks to a lallygagging boy. When I asked him about it he said he didn't know how all that happened, it was probably Brendan, or . . . .maybe a magic Dragon.

Anyways, being fired up already about being late and finding such a sweet surprise for me in the toilet, I was P, I, double S pissed off to be lied to by Mr. T. It just did something to my blood, I just couldn't calm down. So all the way to pick up Darby and all the way to her guitar lesson, I blared the music so I could drown out any more potential lies from Trevor's mouth. Does this sound like I'm blowing anything out of proportion? Yep, I was, but by golly he was going to learn that I wasn't to be lied to. So, when we got home he got to clean all 3 bathrooms, including scrubbing the toilets. Did it sink in? I'm not sure, because he was super excited to clean, couldn't wait to start, asked for more and even tonight he said we should "probably clean the bathroom again mom, it's getting a little dirty" . . . .the only person to learn the lesson here was me. . . cool off mom, it's just a little poop, you've definitely seen worse. Sorry Trev, you will also learn the lesson that mom is sometimes a little, or maybe a lot, crazy.

No comments: