Monday, September 13, 2010

Off the wagon. . . again!

I know I say this every time but I can't believe I've been such a terrible blogger! Amazing things have been happening in our life, everyday and I forget to record them. Thank you Jill for reminding me that I needed to get my ass on here no matter how overwhelming it is!

So I think the last time I posted we were just back from Michigan . . .over a month ago! Shame on me!!!! Anyways, I'll try to sum up the nitty gritty in a sweet and hopefully short post so as to not get too crazy on my first post back.

In August Erich and I got to celebrate our 10 year anniversary with an amazing trip to Vegas just the 2 of us, thank you mom and dad! We flew "nonstop to VEHHHH-GAS!" as the airline employees called out at the airport, and spent 3 nights at the Wynn. Amazing view, amazing food, amazing comedy show, amazing sleep. . . .should've been well rested and ready to take on the world when we got back. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way any more. I wonder what it will take to actually feel ready to tackle the 3 screaming kids, endless to do list, barking dog, overgrown garden, and what not? If you have any ideas, please let me know, I'll try it!

Summer flew by in a hurry and now we are back in the swing of things. Darby started the first grade and just loves it! She said the first day "I wish I could stay there longer." And then that weekend she said "I can't wait for Monday". . .I had to break it to her that it was actually Labor Day and no school on Monday, she was okay with it though. She is continuing with guitar lessons and playing really really well. She can do 18 cords and play melodies on 3 strings. Sometimes it's a struggle but I know deep, deep, DEEP down she is glad that she has to practice and go to lessons :) Soccer has also started up again and she is on a team with her friend Colter and I think she is learning more this season, she is a great defender!

Trevor has started up preschool again and is having a great time. It's great to see his excitement with all the things we're doing including the Kindergarten Readiness stuff! I've been teaching for the last couple of weeks and we have a great group of kids. The big news on Trev is he learned how to ride a 2 wheel bike! He is so proud of himself and it's awesome to see it. He's still our little sensitive, loving boy who is growing so big and tall *sniff*.

Brendan is a just a little turkey, a lovely, loving turkey but man he is a little trouble maker. But he does it with the best smile on his face that it makes it hard to not love him, even in the worst of times. He's talking lots more and enjoying playing with the big kids. He and Trev tackle with each other for hours. . .until of course someone gets hurt . . . but hey that's what boys are supposed to do right? He's coming up on 19 months and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early potty training success story . . .I would love to be done with the diapers already.

Erich and I still struggle everyday to juggle this life that we have created for ourselves and trying to raise 3 well-adjusted, loving, creative, intelligent, handsome, beautiful, independent, joyous, hilarious, well-behaved, well-mannered . . .well 3 perfect kids. Which of course is impossible but we're still striving for perfection :)

We're also both trying really hard to stay with our newly acquired eating habits, not too terribly easy but we're trying. Erich is working out with Crossfit and I'm training to do another half marathon with my mom, sisters, and aunt in the beginning of October.

We just got back from a weekend trip to Pullman to see the Bobcats take on the Cougars. It was a sad, sad game for the Cougs but the Cats looked awesome!!! They really deserved to win even though I'm glad the Cougars finally got their head out of their asses long enough to win a game. It was great to be back in Pullman . . .I needed a fix bad! We will be heading back again soon!

Here are some of our recent pictures and I've got tons of video to share. . . .maybe in the next year, we'll see.

Vegas

September 2010

No comments: