At documenting my children's lives? Thankfully, unlike blogging, I haven't completely stopped taking pictures or video of their lives yet. But sometimes, always in those moments I need/want it most, I forget to even BRING a camera. Darby has been asking me to tell her stories at night about when I was little and after about a week I was out!
What happened to history being retold generation to generation? How did people ever remember things from their childhood. . . enough to pass on the great anecdotes and important life lessons to their own children? After I ran out of stories about my own childhood I started telling Darby ones from hers. . . and I ran out of those too! Is it sleep deprivation for 6 years that is stealing my normally almost photographic memories? I hope so . . .and hope that it will return once everyone is sleeping soundly in their own bedrooms. But how will my kids ever get those years back? Only by my memory and documentation of said years, right? What I wouldn't give for a video or even a picture of me at 5, jumping out of a garbage can and tap dancing to "I love trash" as Oscar the Grouch!
So this is me, documenting . . .documenting my lack of documentation but my desire to be a better documenter :)
My new goal: To tell one story about each child at least once a week . . . I need you loyal readers, anyone? anyone? . . .okay my mom and Erich's mom and maybe Erich . . .keep me honest, my childrens' history depends on it.
1 comment:
Molly, you crack me up! I hope you do well on your goal. Yes, your little baby is now a handsome little man! What a cutie!
Post a Comment