I'm such a sorry blogger that I didn't even say a Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby boy Brendan! And here it is, one month later and I'm finally getting around to it. Well, tomorrow is the 24th of March so I'll say it today. . . .Happy 13 month Birthday Brendan!!!
He had a great and mellow birthday. . .we're not big party throwers around here. . .but it was really nice. He had some presents, some cake, some balloons, and almost no puking! I will post a link to some pictures from said birthday party.
Where did a year go? It seems to have gone along with my memories and in now gone. . .never to get back the cute baby coos, the sweet baby smells, the adorably tiny baby clothes. . .and now I'm left with this adorable little boy who won't want anything to do with me very soon, a blink of an eye I'm sure :)
Brendan really has turned into the biggest boy, overnight almost, slimming down from all the "training" he has been doing, walking and training to be the whitest future NBA star :) He vibrates around balls, especially basket ones. He already has a great shot and can walk around outside carrying a full-size basketball in one hand.
He has the most infectious grin and pretty easily pleased. . . but if crossed, or hurt, or sad, he can scream and scream good! He rivals Trevor on that one. Probably because he has to scream louder than his screaming brother and sister right? We're working on it, teaching him signs to help with his frustration levels. He can sign "more", "nurse", "all done", "duck", and "I want." Mostly his communication is me holding him while he points to something and when I get warmer he starts to giggle :) He gets frustrated a lot though, when he can't do something, probably because he just wants to be with D and T and do whatever they are doing.
Brendan is starting to be more affectionate which is so nice . . .I beat him into submission, or hugged and kissed him into submission is more like it. He was never really a cuddler and he still isn't but now he's giving kisses and his favorite form of affection, head butting. Literally he will swing his head in for the hardest of head butts and even though I'm sure it hurts him just as much as it hurts me, he thinks it is SO funny.
I could go on and on but I'll save that for another week. I love you Brendan, and can't imagine my life without you to light it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment