Yep, that's right the first day of my new resolution to keep up on this blog stuff. I know I have been horrible about keeping up with the blog and now I have no excuse. Erich bought me a killer MacBook for my birthday and so now I can blog from anywhere and everywhere in the house. Not only can I blog but I can check my email, facebook, google reader, a thousand times a day! I'll have to make sure that I keep myself in check with that . . .but sometimes I just, can't, stop. . . it's an addiction. My name is Molly and I'm an internet-a-holic.
Anyways, the problem with not keeping up with the blog is that when I do sit down to write I can't remember anything I wanted to write down. . .so let's see if I can dig deep and come up with something to say.
First of all I can't believe that it is almost the end of July!!! Darby will soon be starting Kindergarten and it makes me unbelievably sad . . .you wouldn't know that I will miss her terribly around the house when I'm constantly screaming at her and Trevor to get along and to just go play outside :)
We've been up to lots of things around here this summer and it has been great. Trev and Darby are both in swim lessons twice a week and doing awesome! I saw Darby do the backstroke across the width of the pool today all on her own and she is doing quite the crawlstroke too! Trev, who has never been the same type of fish as Darby, is doing great too, they have him getting more comfortable in the water and maybe able to relax a little bit. He dove under water today to grab a dolphin toy and that was a huge step for him! We start rec soccer tomorrow so that will be fun for both of them. We've been going for hikes, swimming, movies, live outdoor music with picnics, very enjoyable. That is until we get home and I realize that I haven't done diddly to clean the house, do the laundry, or tend to the flowers. I suck as a housewife I tell you!
This weekend was my birthday and we had a good time. Erich had a golf scramble on Saturday that his team won, then we went to see the new Harry Potter! It was good but not great, I love the books and think there was just too much stuff to fit into one movie. Plus we ended up having to bring Brendan with us because he was a little cranky. Then we went out to dinner with the family and off to a friends for yummy peach pie and berry tart. On my actual birthday Erich baked an awesome chocolate cake!!! and I went out to eat with my girlfriends for dinner for 4 hours!!! Anyways, we've been having a great summer and I'm off this weekend for a bachelorette party and then home for a couple of weeks and then our whirlwind travel starts up . . .it makes me tired just thinking about it!
Well, I'd better get off the computer and start some dinner. . . until the next time, later.
1 comment:
happy birthday molly!! sounds like a great day!
Post a Comment