Trev and I were up bright and early to head to the hospital which was literally 2 minutes away from our hotel. He had a little problem getting into the hospital jammies and they were really pushing me to give him drugs to help him relax but once they told him he could wear his own jammies he was perfectly fine. The anesthesiologists came to get him and we road down the hall in a police car :) I told him I loved him and that I would see him when he woke up and he just kept that car going and turned in the seat and said "I love you too mom!" Heartbreaking and I started to cry of course. Got back to the hotel to find that Erich had a little bout of the stomach flu, poor guy, but he still went to the hospital to do the waiting until the doctor came in to tell him all was fine. Trev did great and because of the local anesthetic was raring to go after some food and little down time.
So we headed off to the zoo, me, Trev, Darby, and Brendan. Of course I pushed the kids in the stroller and slinged Brendan but I still think we might've overdone it a little with Trevor. The pain hit him about 6:oo that night and he was almost inconsolable :( Erich changed his diaper and was telling me with a sense of urgency only a man would understand "give him the medicine, give him the medicine!!!!" I, of course, was going to give him some medicine but I was hoping that just the IBprofen would do it, but with Erich's sympathy pains, we gave him the hardcore stuff too a couple of times. But after we got home on Wednesday he was great!!! A little sore and some complaints of pain but he really hasn't had any problems. What a trooper!
I couldn't say enough good stuff about Primary Children's! They were so great and I am so glad we were able to do that procedure in a Children's Hospital, I don't think Trev has any ill feelings about the experience and he told me his monkey had to have surgery too! Anyways, here's some pictures from the trip and over the last few weeks.
![]() |
| Salt Lake City |

1 comment:
So glad Trevor is feeling good! See you in a week!
Post a Comment