Phew! I know that most parents sometimes mourn the end of school because it means that the kids need to be entertained all summer long but I, myself, with only a preschooler and toddler, am so excited for the end of the school year! Yesterday we had our last preschool until next fall and although I had such a great time teaching this year, I am excited to just have some time to ourselves. We are having a "graduation" ceremony tomorrow :) Really just an end of the year picnic which will be really fun and the kids will put on a program and everything, it will be great.
Today was also the last day of gymnastics for both the kids and Darby's big gymnastics "show." It's fun because they get to perform for us and get a medal! Here's a cute video of her skills . . .she also did this great run, jump off a spring board into a somersault that Erich totally didn't film . . .but the rest is still pretty good, but no video evidence of her great tumbling skills :)
We are ready for some summertime fun around here! I can't wait to head to the park everyday and get out for a run, and just enjoy the sunshine. We only have a few weeks here in Bozeman where Darby will have soccer and gymnastics camp then it's off on vacation for us . . .again, vacation maybe doesn't quite encompass what we will be embarking upon :) We plan to drive to Pullman for Mader's wedding, then from Pullman, drive to Michigan for a little over a week . . .that's right, DRIVE to Michigan! Even with gas prices it was way cheaper for us to drive the 4 of us than to fly the 4 of us, by thousands. But it will be about a 2000 mile drive and even though we all love each other very much, we just might not be ready to handle such close, confined quarters for 3 straight, long days . . .my singing might get us through the first day but that's probably it :)
Anyways, we're looking forward to a mellow, fun weekend and then Darby has her birthday party next week. What a great time of year, I love it!
2 comments:
Hooray for Summer! Love the video!!....I hear you about flying we looked to fly home but man so expensived.....Its about a 2K drive for us to Pullman....Hopefull soon we will head back up there.....Enjoy your summer freedom!
and by 2K I mean miles not dollars.....hahhah!
Post a Comment