Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's been a while

so I thought I'd quick put a post up about what we've been up to. Things have been pretty good despite the fact that I'm about to go crazy with this snow crap. . . I'm over it with a capital O-V-E-R! The weather was just teasing us this past weekend with 70 degree, sunny weather. But I guess I'll take whatever little bit I can get :) Saturday we went skiing for the last time this year and had a great time. I even got to take a couple runs, not green, without any kids. It was great and Erich and I both had lobster faces cause we forgot the sunscreen, whoops! Then on Sunday we went to a Bobcat scrimmage and eventually left because Darby had to go to the bathroom, but also because we were so fricking hot! Anyways, it was a fun weekend.

This week has been pretty busy so far but that's good because then time just goes by so fast. Darby started swim lessons at the hot springs on Monday, her first group lessons and I think she had a good time. It's really nice cause during her swim lessons Trevor and I get to hang out and swim ourselves. Trevor had a great time and is getting more and more used to the water. We'll have to get him in swim lessons sometime soon too! Darby caught a little something, cold or whatnot . . .again . . .when will this cold season end?!? She had a fever yesterday and last night. It's going down and she's acting pretty normal today. We are taking it pretty easy today. Darby took a 3 hour nap yesterday, or evening (I thought she would just sleep the whole night), but alas, she ended up up until at least 1:30 in the morning . . .ugh! I finally told her to turn her light on and play and do whatever because I was going to bed and as long as she stayed in her room, she could stay up as late as she wanted. Anyways, for not sleeping very long last night, she's doing great.

Hopefully we will go to swim lessons again this afternoon because we can't make them up. Plus, I could use a good soak! I've been doing these yoga sessions from a yoga podcast called Yogamazing and they don't seem that hard but I'm totally getting sore, weird, but that's my type of exercise! I can't believe we are on the downside of April, I'm ready for May and warmer weather, and flowers, and being outside, sigh . . .I will hope for the best after this weekend :)

2 comments:

Kaelee said...

I like the snow but man I would be OVER it too....I suppose I won't tell you it was in the 70's all weekend....Hope your weekend was great....

Meghan said...

With you on that one.....sooooooo OVER IT TOO!!! It snowed here yesterday, again:( Yuck!