Life after kids is never the same as before . . .well, duh! Especially holidays and Valentine's Day is no exception. Erich is fortunate that I remembered to get him anything, like a card . . .yesterday! But it's only because I was frantically trying to remember to get Valentines out to Darby's friends and grandparents and all that jazz FROM Darby . . . interesting how that works out. I had Darby make all her Valentines yesterday and we put stickers in them and I thought that was great but man, some kids at school pulled out all the stops! Nothing like preschoolers to make you feel like a loser of a mom for just giving silly stickers :) Anyways, Darby did make her Dad and Trevor some awesome Valentines and she filled one out at school that said "I love you because, you love me, mom bought me a cash register last night, and mom is special to me, love Darby" Awww!
We're having a family Valentine's dinner at Columbo's pizza and then a Bobcat basketball game tonight. Ah, the romance :) But Erich and I ARE planning a date on Saturday night and that will be so great . . .we're either begging off some friends for childcare or dropping them off at a drop-off daycare. Should be fun either way! Anyways, hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! Lots of love to everyone!
3 comments:
have a good night tonight and this weekend! happy v-day!! :)
Happy Valentine's Day....Hope your date out with the kids tonight was fun....and its always nice to have date night to look forward too....
Glad to hear everyone is getting better. Pics of the kids are great. Darby always looks like such a ham. Love it!
Post a Comment