My mom reminded me last night that I haven't posted anything in a while so I figured I better get caught up soon. . . I've just been feeling uninspired and every time I sit down to write something I can't seem to get the flow going. So Trevor got much better after his sickness last weekend. We had a couple of long nights but he seemed much better by Monday. Darby and Erich had so much fun skiing on Saturday and then on Sunday the kids got to hang out with dad while I went out for a little me time. I got to go see the movie "Juno" and I loved it! I totally cried of course but it was a great flick. This past week we started up Kindermusik again and of course preschool and gymnastics. We're pretty busy in the mornings but I've been struggling in the afternoons to not resort to putting on shows for Darby. I just don't know what it is, I'm still recovering from lack of sleep I guess. This weekend I spent Friday night with some friends talking all sorts of illicit stuff, sex, drugs and rock and roll, it was great! Saturday was pretty mellow and Erich and Darby went to the Bobcat basketball game. Yesterday we went skiing and had a great time.
Trevor went with Erich this time and I started out with Darby. We did 2 fun runs on the little Snowflake short hill and then decided to head up the long lift . . .BIG mistake. The chair lift isn't the most little kid friendly and it started off bad with me pretty much throwing Darby off the lift and almost getting caught on the chair while it almost whacked Darby on the head. Then it took us probably a good half hour of constant fighting with Darby to ski her little butt down the hill. I tried making it a game, I tried laughing it off but my frustration was clearly coming through. Darby struggled, I struggled and I was ready to switch by the time we got down. Erich said he could tell from yards and yards away from my tantrum like, irritated, frustrated movements that we had had a challenging run :) It's a big mental thing with Darby because she does awesome on the short hill and goes all by herself, and can stop herself. But once she gets up on the big run she freezes up and doesn't want to do it. Anyways, here's a video of her skiing down. Not the best quality and you can see how great she's doing at turning and even stopping :)
Darby caught a little something over the weekend and is feeling pretty sick today so we are going to take it easy but hopefully she'll be able to make school tomorrow so I can get a little break in the morning. I need to get working on some house projects and whatnot but can't seem to get motivated. Sorry for the boring post . . .I'll get into the groove again soon hopefully. Here are some pics from the last week or so too.



1 comment:
Great pics...Love how active you guys are.....
Post a Comment