Friday, October 19, 2007

Kid Update

So goodbye to grandmas and grandpa! We had a mass exodus this morning and poor Darby was crying when they left. I asked her if she cried like that when I left and she said "nope." Aaah, the love of a child :) Anyways, it's been great to be back with the kids again this week, it was such a great refresher for me to be gone that I can almost stand all the kids whining and fighting, almost. . .Trevor has been VERY attached to the nursing thing and at night is having a hard time letting Erich put him down. Hopefully it's just a phase and he's trying to get my milk supply up and comfort himself that I'm not leaving again anytime soon. Last night was a long night and I'm almost over it, almost . . . :)

My mom was here this week while Rich and Anna drove to Colorado so that was nice. She made Darby's halloween costume and took care of Trevor while Darby and I were at preschool, very nice. We hit the Hot Springs yesterday afternoon which we hadn't done in a long time and had a lot of fun. Darby is such a little fish and totally loves it. Trevor took a little longer to acclimate this time around but probably because it was so crowded with kids out of school for the day.

Let's see, I feel like I have a ton of funny stories about the kids but I can't seem to think of any. . .Well, Erich had an experience with Darby while I was gone with a permanent marker and our dining room table :) I would've liked to have seen that! He was video taping her while she was cleaning it up and he asked, "What are you cleaning Darby? Did you use marker on the table?" and Darby said, "Not marker, permanent marker." Too funny. Trevor has been such a little cutie and it trying to repeat everything we say. My favorites are "thank you" or "cank ooh" and "cheese" which sounds pretty much like cheese. He started to attach himself to a baby doll and likes to sleep with one during naptime. It's pretty cute! So this weekend is our first "normal" weekend in a while and it should be nice. We're going to the Bobcat football game tomorrow and then working around the house on Sunday, maybe we'll finally get some projects done around here :) Anyways, here are some pictures to enjoy, old and new.

Fall fun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute pics..i especially like the one with trevor and his dolly and darby in her halloween costume...what a cute look!