Friday, September 21, 2007

A day to rest

Whew, I made it through the week and no worse for the wear I must say! Now we have absolutely nothing planned today and it is fabulous! I can sit here in my PJs all day long if I wish . . .I probably shouldn't but maybe just for a little while longer :) So this week went great! Darby loved Kindermusik and has been singing the songs and playing with her new slide whistle all week. She's even gotten Trevor dancing and singing with her in the partner songs, it is about the cutest thing ever! School went well too! I'm definitely glad it's over but I thought it went really well. Darby had a great time and I think most of the other kids did too. The hardest part about it was having Trevor there too. . . he just wasn't happy just sitting off and playing somewhere else, he wanted to be involved and that was kind of distracting to the other kids I think.

On Wednesday we started gymnastics again and I think Darby had a lot of fun. It was drop-off so on the way there I asked Darby if she wanted me to stay and watch since it was her first day and she said "No, you go ahead and go, I'm going to just have fun!" Oh what a lovely thing to hear :) She will have a make-up class tomorrow morning that Erich will get to take her to, I think that will be fun for him to see her skills.

Trevor has been a real trooper this week too! I think he likes being around all the big kids, especially the boys. I wish I could describe his little personality because it is just a doozy. He is hilarious! Maybe it's just because he's so different from Darby but he makes us laugh so much! With Darby I felt like I could pinpoint her personality with cute little stories but I just can't seem to put into words the essence of Trevor. He is just such a boy, active, independent, fearless, but so loving and cuddly and sensitive. We get Trevor squeezes all the time and he always as a smile and laugh for us. He is talking so much now, repeating all sorts of things. He will say "uh-oh" and of course his good ole stand-by "ball." He can also say "Breo" and "Oly" and distinguish them appropriately. He now just says "bee" for Darby, he'll raise his little hands up to say "where" and go "bee? bee?" So adorable. Anyways, I think I just have to capture it on video, if Erich would just fix our firewire you could all see Trevor's Monkey dance :) Maybe this weekend.

This weekend is going to be pretty mellow, I'm going out with friends tonight, gymnastics and football tomorrow and then on Sunday I'm going to attempt my first half-marathon . . .we'll see how that goes. It's the Lewis and Clark Marathon and is a very challenging course, so I'm just hoping to cross the finish line still jogging :) I've also heard that it's beautiful so hopefully it won't rain or be crappy out. Anyways, I say first half-marathon because I'm going to be doing one in October in Hartford, CT with my mom and sister. . . I haven't decided if I'm running that one or just walking, it will depend on my performance this weekend. I figure if I can complete one at 5,000 feet with lots of hills I should be able to complete one anywhere . . .and I think 2 half-marathons equal one marathon right? Anyways, it should be fun! Well, better start our day and get outta our PJs . . .ahhh blissful.

No comments: