Monday, August 06, 2007

Rain, glorious rain!

So we finally got a good dose of rain yesterday, it was blissful! Now it is sunny out but still nice and cool! I'm so looking forward to fall! Only a couple more weeks till football season, I can hardly believe it!

We've had a busy weekend and I don't even know where to start. This past weekend was the Sweet Pea festival here in Bozeman and it's always such a fun time with lots of stuff to do. Thursday night we took the kids to Music on Main, which is just as it sounds, live music on main street. It was really fun but mostly because the weather was so nice! Darby built herself a truck (with mom and dad's help) and we got some ice cream and danced along until meltdown.

Saturday morning I ran in the 5K Bozeman Classic Run, which I sucked at! I thought I was in pretty good shape still even though I haven't ran consistently over the last month, but nope, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Then it was home for a shower and round up the 3 kids (that's Erich included) for the Children's Run and then the Sweet Pea Parade. Darby ran with Erich and I pushed Trevor most of the way in the stroller. Trevor did get out and walk and got some cheers along the way, he was a little overwhelmed though. The parade was fun and we had nice shady seats with some friends, very relaxing. After a nap and some downtime it was off to our friend Maia's house for "game night." We played Guesstures which is such a fun game. Nothin like making a fool out of yourself in front of good friends :) The kids did great too, no problems so a very nice evening overall.

Yesterday was Erich and my anniversary . . . 7 years! It feels like more than that, in a good way :) Maybe it's because we've really been together forever . . .started dating when I was 15! So really we've been together for half my life, crazy! So we spent yesterday at the actual Sweet Pea festival and had a pretty great time. We saw "Silly Moose Improv" a comedy troop doing improv geared at kids, a Japenese story teller, and a crazy Musician called Mr. David. Erich loved him more than Darby and Trevor, he was a kind of Beck for kids :) He had songs like "Jump in the Jumpy House" and "Hey, It's lunchtime"! Super fun, Erich even bought his CDs, he would love to be a Mr. David groupie. Then we stuck around to watch a little bit of the Cross Canadian Ragweed show which was pretty good. But then we were off and barely made it home before it started to downpour.

Our friends came over to watch the kids and then Erich and I had a great anniversary dinner out! What a fun weekend and now we need to rest the kids and get on schedule so that I can get my stuff done this week. It seems like I've been slacking off on all the housework. Which I hate doing but I hate living in the filth even more. We'll see if everything gets done. . . yea, I'm not too optimistic, I know I'll come up with some excuse for not doing anything productive :) I don't know, does blogging count as productivity? Yea, I think so . . .

Sweet Pea

No comments: