Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh Snap!

So Darby can now snap her fingers! It's pretty cute and barely makes a sound but she gets it. . .she's also a pretty good whistler, not awesome but she gets the general idea. New things I'm trying to teach Darby include knowing her address, working on number concepts over 15, geography, and tying her shoes. Really, in the age of crocs, does she really need to know how to tie her shoes? I think she enjoys doing it though and can do the first step where you pull one string over another. In terms of geography she's still doesn't quite grasp city, state, country, continent. She told me the other day she was off to North America for college and then to Seattle, hmmm. But she does know that she lives in Bozeman, MT and on Driftwood Drive. She has a little globe that she likes to play with so we'll get there.

Trevor is learning all sorts of things. He can now say "cracker" or "gah-gah" for graham crackers, goldfish crackers, animal crackers, anything crunchy. He now signs "please" pretty consistently and he said "up" very clearly to me the other day. He also has got the no and yes head shakes down. I think he likes to say no more, but really what toddler doesn't? He can jump with actual air! Okay just on the trampoline or in the jumpy house but he's pretty pleased with himself. He watches Darby jump off of really high things and looks like one day he's just going to do the same thing, I think he's tried it off of lower surfaces with no success but he'll get it soon I'm sure. Oh there's so much more but I can't think of it yet.

So we've had a great day so far, not productive but fun! We took the kids on a 4.5 mile hike this morning, well we started in the morning . . .it was a doozy. Erich and I are spent and Darby was pretty worn out too, Trevor of course got a ride so he's no worse for the wear. That's besides the fact that he slept on my back in the Ergo for about half his normal nap time. Maybe it's time for another one. Darby hiked a good half of the distance which was pretty great! It went up to a really great overlook of Bozeman. Too bad it's a little smoky and hazy and we couldn't really see the distant moutains too well. Here's a couple of pics.

I love that Darby has her arms around both of us in this picture!

Oh, we went to Music on Main on Thursday night again and had so much fun! This time Darby's friend Connor was there and Darby and Connor danced like maniacs all night! They were adorable! The band was great too! They were from Seattle but I don't remember the name. They did their own versions of all types of music . . .the Joker, Gin and Juice, Golddigger . . .it was awesome! Anyways I think we earned some pizza for dinner tonight and I'm excited, we'll get Columbo's, the best pizza ever!

1 comment:

Kaelee said...

Love how much time you guys spend out and about hiking!....I bet the kids just love it...