Thursday, August 30, 2007

College Football begins

I can hardly believe it but Erich is watching a live College Football game! Okay, digitally recorded, but it was on tonight! Craziness that college football is upon us once again. It's always a fun, if not stressful, time for a Cougar fan :) This year, it sounds pretty bleak, which is almost better, than no big hopes are dashed when they go on and "coug it" :) The Bobcats have a new coaching staff this year so that should be interesting. Hopefully Trevor will get into the games as much as Darby does. . .otherwise there's no hope for him :)

Not much going on with us this week. It's been pretty mellow, a playdate here, the park there, the library, preschool . . .all pretty spread out so very nice. I've spent a lot of my time with my addiction to online shopping. What a total waste of time!!! Like we need more things but I just can't seem to help it. It all started with me looking for good travel toys for Darby. I ended up buying her a new backpack, new shoes, new slippers, and a travel toy. Trevor got a couple of clothes too but man, what was I thinking? I was even on ebay and I almost got a "lot" of 160 4T items of clothing! What would we do with 40 pants? 40 shirts? and especially 40 dresses? Darby is so not a dress wearer. It would have been nice though cause she needs a whole new wardrobe for the winter, that could be expensive . . .

The kids have been great lately, lots of fun. It's hard to believe but I was pregnant with Trevor when Darby was Trevor's age right now! Erich and I (mostly me) are still undecided on whether or not to expand our family. . .Erich is a mostly, definite, all done :) I just don't know but Darby sure knows. The other night at dinner she said "maybe if I sleep through the night all by myself I can have another brother and sister." What?!?!? Where did she come up with that one? And so I told her that it would definitely increase her chances for a brother and/or sister if she didn't constantly scream and cry for one of us in the middle of night. And I told her to "talk to your dad." :)

Trevor's been sleeping much better this week, thank god! But he hasn't really been eating that much food. He's pulling a Darby and chewing up and then spitting out most of his food. He will eat cookies and ice cream no problem . . .funny how that works. We are all getting ready to go on vacation, leaving on Tuesday. It should be fun to head out to Michigan and hang out on Torch Lake for a couple of weeks. I'm always nervous about traveling with the kids, especially now with the people being thrown off planes for nursing and for having a kid say "airplane go bye-bye." It should be interesting. Alright, I'm outta here to head to bed, I'm hoping to get some good video footage of the kids doing cute stuff this weekend . . .they are just not taking direction from me at all!! How do they expect to be big movie stars if they can't be cute on cue and keep their marks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your vacation sounds like it will be a nice time! i wish we could go somewhere for a couple of weeks! so funny about darby and more kids - she is a smart cookie! so what are your fav online stores??

Kaelee said...

Gotta Love College Football Season, definitly our favorite!...So glad Trevor is sleeping better for you....I bet his eating will come around. Love that Darby wants another Bro/Sis...too Freaking Cute. I can totally see her reasoning with you about it!.....