We've had a pretty good last week or so. The kids are getting over a little summer cold and are still snotting up the place but are acting normal as always. I got a little bit of it and am just today feeling more energized. Friday we had a busy morning, Darby was a "little explorer" and went to check out the truck expo (for 3-6 year olds :) with her friends. She got a little badge and got to get in a police car . . .hope she didn't like that too much. She really loved Splash the whale, the mascot for the swim center here! We followed him around for about half and hour :) Then it was off for a hike/walk and to the park for a picnic lunch. Busy day but beautiful out so very fun!
Saturday Trevor and Darby hung out with our friends in Belgrade while Erich and I were in class for 7 hours :( It was a great class and gave us some good tips to deal with some of the troubling situations we've had. But it really just made us realize that we don't give Darby enough credit and we need to just chill the f out sometimes and not sweat the small stuff. I was really glad Erich was there because now we can bounce ideas off of one another. But it was a long day and everyone was pretty beat Saturday night.
Sunday Erich got to bask in his 3rd father's day. . . sleeping in, pancakes, time alone, family hike, and lasagna followed by strawberry-rhubarb crisp for dinner. It was a great day! I hope he had a good one and realizes how much we love and appreciate him, he's such a great dad!
This week has been pretty mellow so far . . . just playing around here. I did watch a friend's kids yesterday for about an hour, a 2 1/2 year old, and a 2 month old and I was pretty impressed with how I did . . .I felt pretty accomplished, feeding everyone (except me) lunch and having everyone happy by the time my friend got back :) I think maybe I could handle more kids . . .hmmm, we'll see about that one, Darby and I will have to gang up on Erich to convince him of that one :)
The kids are changing so much so fast I can barely keep up. Darby is growing so tall and talking to me like such an adult. She said to me the other day "I Love your pants mom, they're so cute!" and she also says things with a fake accent which I can't really post because you won't get the point, but I must use a fake accent when talking. . .hmm. Trevor is a climber and is on top of everything! He can climb on the coffee table and even are bay window . . .I'm okay with letting him go on the coffee table, it's not that far of a fall, but the windowsill, well, that's a little too risky for my liking. He also loves his "b" words. Ba is his favorite sound. . . I'm not always sure what he means, but he says "Ba Buh?" a lot. He also is signing a lot more and picking them up quickly, that's fun especially when we read books.
Darby starts soccer tomorrow so that should be fun. We bought her some new "soccer" shoes today so she's stoked! Hope that all goes well. Anyways, here's some random pictures of the last few days. I haven't been in the picture takin' mood either . . .I'll remedy that soon and will add to the thousands we already have of the kids. What did we do without digital pictures? These kids are going to know what they looked like on every single day of their life :)
![]() |
| Father's Day Weekend |

1 comment:
Happy Father's Day E!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment