I know that I post a lot of stuff about the kids that really irritates me and that's partly because this is my venting outlet but also because I think it sometimes feels good to hear about other people's struggles, it makes you feel so not alone. Anyways, Erich got on me for "complaining" too much. He said that if the woman from "Fast Food Nation" (the one who at the end of the movie who is crying on the kill floor) read my blog, she'd be appalled. . .well, something to that effect. So, I just wanted to say that when I blog, I am in no way complaining about the overall state of my life, I wouldn't change anything, and love my kids, my husband, and love to stay home and run the family :) That said, I hope everyone (I mean you Erich) take things I say with a grain of salt. . . I don't think anyone can be happy and upbeat all the time, unless you take drugs to make you that way, and I just say No to drugs! So blogging is just a small slice of my life, a sometimes irritated slice, and sometimes it's funnier to blog about the challenging things that happen and not the awesome ones . . .now that that's over with I can get onto my complaining :)
Erich probably thinks I complain too much because he gets to hear a lot of it in person, lucky him :) Anyways, speaking of "Fast Food Nation", I can say that it was a complete waste of time and actually a detriment to Erich and my well-being. It was terrible and now Erich has a hard time eating meat, especially ground meat, very traumatic! We also watched "The Prestige" which was REALLY good and "Beerfest" which definitely had it's LOL moments but mostly was disturbing to watch.
This weekend is Father's Day so I'm not sure what we're up to for that. . . I pimped Erich out . . .he's so lucky :) As are we of course! Erich and I are taking an all day parenting class called Love and Logic on Saturday and I'm totally excited for it. I've listened to a few of the books on my iPod and we've tried a lot of it with Darby. It's so simple to use and stuff that I totally agree with so I'm excited for Erich to give me his opinion and really get into it a little more. Darby seems to be pushing her limits a lot lately, like it's a yearly occurence that she just needs to check every birthday to just see if the boundaries are the same. Anyways, it will be good to get some help from an expert. Well, better get my butt off the computer and take care of my kids, they get somewhat neglected at times . . .
1 comment:
Molly....I love your blog. It gives me peace of mind that I am not the only one having daily challenges when raising kids...its nice to know that someone else knows what I am going through as a mother...You rock!
Post a Comment