So this is going to be a totally random post. . .I feel like I have all sorts of things to talk about. First we'll start with the kids. . .Darby has done some pretty cute things lately, she's made up whole new contracted word "amn't." That's as in "I amn't tired" or "I amn't farting, that's dad!" When she first said it I corrected her and then when I thought about it I realized that it's actually a somewhat correct contraction for "I am not." Totally weird. She also has been calling me Molly when she's mad, for example I took something away from her the other day and she started screaming "Moooolllly, Moooolllly, no!" It sounds pretty crazy. And finally one more thing on Darby, she's started lying to us . . .or maybe just fibbing is a better way to put it. Like did she brush her teeth? yes, but no; did she put all her clothes away? yes, but no again. When I asked her about her clothes she shut her door and said "Yes, I put them away, but don't go in my room." Hmmm, I wonder why not? Hopefully this is just an innocent testing period, cause otherwise we're in trouble, I can barely tell if she is telling the truth or not.
Trevor is so much fun lately. He is cruising all around, he even walked down the mall all by himself the other day. He was funny and loved it, just making noises and flapping his arms up and down and looking like an oompa loompa trailing behind Darby. He's also figured out how to make noises with his hand over his mouth and he thinks it's hilarious, as do I :) And he's all sorts of cuddly, in a very boy way mind you, very aggressive cuddling but so sweet. Can't wait to see him turn 1 in a short few weeks . . .where has a year gone?
Erich and I are finally doing some serious talking about all the crap we would like to get done around here. We've just been in a funk since the carpet was put in, yea, back in October!!! We've got to put our bathroom back together, finish the trim, get new closet doors, put up a swingset and work on some outside stuff too, tiring just thinking about it all. About this time every year when our to do list piles up we get to looking at houses up for sale . . .we went and saw a house last night. Pretty nice and definitely in a great area, with great views and what not. However I really feel like for me to put the effort into this house to make it sell able and then move, it's gotta be a pretty darn perfect house for us. So Erich spent today looking at the closet doors and we went to a birthday party. It is crazy how some people go nuts over birthday parties for 2 year olds!!! I mean this 2 year old got like 20 presents! We're having a party for Darby but we're doing a joint one with her friend Connor and requesting no presents . . .she has enough crap as it is. I've got more to say but I'm going to do a whole other post, so that's it for this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment