Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The pits

I think that my life controls the weather. . . you know, if you wash the car it's guaranteed to rain the next day, if you really need rain because you've forgotten to water the plants outside, it's sunny for like 2 weeks straight! Well, this time it's because the car needs to get fixed that whoever is really in control of the weather decided it needed to be 30 degrees out and snowing. Yep, snowing! It's not sticking or anything, thank god, but it just makes it suck to take the kids anywhere. On top of that, Trevor is getting over something, like a bad attitude :), but also he had a pretty bad fever for the last two days. Today he's doing much better but we both haven't slept in the last two nights :( It seems like when either of the kids are sick, I act like I'm sick too, I lounge around in my PJs for as long as I possibly can. Luckily, nobody else got sick around here, knock on wood. It's so nice to have the normal Trevor back because he is just a little whiner when he doesn't feel good. Again, thank god for my Ergo baby carrier or I would never get anything done and poor Darby would have to fend for herself, or we'd all just go crazy with a screaming 1 year old!

The weather has been so yucky all week, it's the pits! Having to stay home because of Trevor being sick, Darby hasn't been able to do much of anything fun. . .amazingly, she has been quite the little trooper! Today we spent a lot of the day baking and cooking, cookies, lasagna, all sorts of yummy cold weather stuff :) We also did some video taping, Darby loves to have her picture taken and loves to look in the video camera. It's a good time filler and we just throw on the music and away she goes! Here's a cute video of her singing to her kids songs. Sorry about my voice in the background, I just can't help singing along, the songs are just so damn catchy!



I'm excited because I get to watch the Dancing with the Stars finale tonight and maybe even the Heroes one on Tivo . . .we'll see how long I last as I could just about go to bed right now and sleep a straight 12 hours if I could. Anyways, we've got a busy week coming up, we are hitting the Children's Museum tomorrow morning and then gymnastics in the afternoon and then Rich and Anna will be here, stopping off on their way to Michigan. So that will be fun! Then preschool here on Thursday and then hopefully some more hiking if the weather cooperates.

Speaking of the preschool, if any of you are interested in doing a homeschool coop preschool we have found a great program online called the Joy School. I'm pretty excited about it all, we have 6 kids total and 5 moms doing it, so that means I will teach for a couple of weeks and then have a few off. It makes it nice for Darby too, she gets away from me too :)

So off to my TV watching I go . . .can't wait! I'm cheering for Apollo or Joey on DWTS and can't wait to see what they do with Heroes. . . this is kind of a depressing week for TV, all the season finales . . .goodbye Office, goodbye Scrubs, goodbye Heroes, and goodbye DWTS, until next season, adieu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad trevor is feeling better - fevers - ugh - they worry me! jade has the same little backpack as darby! cute video! i can't believe it snowed - you guys have some crazy weather!

Kaelee said...

Love the video...you have a future American Idol on your hands! Glad Trevor is feeling better...Did you like the Heroes finale.??? Yeah for Apollo....