Friday, December 08, 2006

It's a boy! a Tale of Trevor's mishaps

So . . .this morning Trevor crawled or rolled himself all the way to the edge of the stairs, I came out of the bedroom with the laundry after maybe leaving him for 2 minutes and there he was laying on his back with his head right on the edge of the top stair, oh my god! I swear I set him down at least 20 feet from that spot with all sorts of obstacles to sway him, like a coffee table, a couch, lots of toys, but for some unknown reason he wanted to head to the top of the stairs. I must have caught him right before he was going to do a base jump to the landing or he decided, smartly, to just hang with the familiar and that it looked a little dangerous down there. Needless to say the gate is up now. I'm just so used to the Darby way of life . . . not that she was cautious, just thoughtful and analytical about what she did. I didn't ever have to worry about her on counter tops, over stairs, moving a half a mile away from where I set her, now I'm in for it. . . Trevor also got hold of black construction paper tonight, chewed on it for 5 seconds and got himself a black mouth for it. It's pretty creepy looking and I didn't realize the dye would come off the paper so easily! I called Poison control just to be sure I shouldn't watch for crazy behavior or weird growths on his butt (go ahead and laugh, the lady at Poison Control did) :)

No comments: