Thursday, September 07, 2006

Foxy Lady

Darby is one foxy lady . . .that's what she said to my mom the other night. She likes to sleep in this oversized Roxy shirt and when she put it on she said "it says Roxy. I'm one foxy lady!" Pretty cute, I'm sure that Erich was the one to start that one rolling. She says all sorts of cute things lately. If you read my previous post you can see that she's started calling Trevor, Trev. It seems so grown up for some reason. She is also calling me "mom" and not "mama" which again means we've just ushered in the new era. You know, "go away, mom" "this is mine, mom" "I'm on the phone, mom" and "you just don't understand, mom." None of those statements sound quite as serious if you replace mom with mama :)

I think Trevor may be teething already, or I'm saying that he is. Teething is my excuse for any fussiness over the normal amount of fussy that he usually is. But really, he's chowing down on everything . . .he particularly liked grandpa Rose's thumb, yummy. It always seems like he's really crabby during the day and I dread what the night will be like, but he always seems to sleep really good after about 8:00 at night. I'd better knock on wood or we're in for a rough night :)

Bozeman is super smokey, which sucks. The first time you step outside it's kinda nice because it smells like campfire, and who doesn't love the smell of the campfire, but then you realize that you are breathing this nasty smoke that's so thick you can't even see the mountains 2 miles away. So we have to find indoor activities to keep us busy which today consisted of unpacking, yuck, and Darby's first gymnastics lesson. Okay, not really lesson. . .organized activity :) She had a lot of fun. We used to go for open gym and she could play around on whatever she wanted but now that she's in the class she had to follow a teacher. It was kind of tough but I hope she'll get the hang of it. They get 15 minutes of free time to do whatever at the end of class so that's good. Now, what do we do tomorrow. . . clean? Yea right!

No comments: