Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kill me now!

So I made it! I did indeed finish my first half-marathon and did so without walking, minus having to use a porta-potty to pee. I. am. so. glad. it's. over! I finished the race in my goal time which was 2 hours and 10-15 minutes (2:16) so a little over 10 minute miles. I tell you what though, it was HARD! I'm feeling a little sore and very tired right now and would love to crawl into bed for the rest of the day. I didn't sleep well last night, or Trevor didn't, so I didn't and then it was raining for most of the race and I didn't really train for this. Those are my excuses for not enjoying it as much as I should have :) The longest run I've ever done before this was 8 miles so 13.1 was quite a bit longer . . . .maybe I should've trained huh? Well, I do feel pretty good about finishing it and I can honestly say that I have no desire to train for a full marathon. . .2 hours of running is plenty.

I did get a little nap with Trevor, thank god and he's still sleeping. Erich's out watching the Seahawks game and Darby is chilling with the Backyardigans, very mellow around here. The kids and Erich were there to cheer me on at the finish line and that was so great! It feels so good to have their support and Erich has been great, asking me what he can do for me as I limp and stumble around the house. So onto next week and hoping for some nicer weather so we can enjoy outside time a little bit before it gets too cold to go out at all.

3 comments:

Kaelee said...

Congrats! WOW!!! Molly that is so awesome. You are amazing! So great that Erich and the kids were there to cheer you on! What great time you made....SO great!!! Cheers to you!

Anonymous said...

yahoo! great job on finishing! way to go!!!

Meghan said...

Congrats.......love it when those personal challenges turn out successful.....motivating!