Monday, March 05, 2007

News of Darby

I feel like I've been leaving Darby out quite a bit in the latest blog sessions. I think so much happens with her now that is cute it's hard to remember it all and put it down. We are so happy to be home and back into some semblance of a routine! Nobody slept that great last night but hopefully tonight we'll all get back on track. Darby is enjoying playing with all her toys and just being at home without restrictions. She is pretty darn cute most of the time, still loves to play with notebooks and crayons. She started yelling at me from upstairs today, "mom! I have a message for ya!" She loves to draw and is great at circling things and can almost write a "D." Lately the funniest stuff happens when I just observe her playing by herself . . .she loves to pretend and talk to her stuffed animals. She gets VERY serious sometimes, today she was diapering her little teddy bears and now she is putting them to bed.

She totally dresses herself now and most days I could care less that she is wearing clothes that don't match and/or are too small for her :) I should get her some stickers that say "I dressed myself today" just to make it clear. She loves pockets and if she doesn't have any she just sticks things down her underpants . . . not much room in there but she can carry a small book and my cell phone without holding her up much :) We had swim lessons again today and she did great, she's jumping into the water all by herself and doing pretty good at kicking on her back. That's pretty much all I can think of on a Darby front . . .I will try to write down the funny things as they happen so I don't forget.

No comments: