Monday, March 26, 2007

I need a support group

A support group for moms of boys who have no fear, are fast as lightening, and love to get into trouble! Whew, I'm just exhausted from trying to prevent incidents in which Trevor gets a goose egg, a bruise, a bloody lip, nose, you name it . . . I keep feeling like such a failure when he hurts himself. I'm supposed to be providing safe limitations for him so he doesn't get hurt! It seems almost impossible, however. Trevor is a smart little boy and if he's determined to get into trouble, he does! You must be wondering what has happened recently to make me feel this way, huh? Well, nothing super specific, just an accumulation of events, lets recap shall we?

Last week, while we were in the basement Trevor got himself almost all the way up the stairs with nary a notice from me, I'd turn my head and have to go bounding up the stairs! He hasn't fallen again but it is scary! On Saturday he fell out of the bed after a nap. On Saturday night Erich took Trevor downstairs and I was up with a friend washing dishes and what do I see on the other side of the baby gate at the top of the stairs but Trevor! He was standing precariously on the small amount of stair in front of the gate. I almost had a heart attack! I learned my lesson last week, but Erich had to learn it on Saturday night. Then on Sunday he DOVE off the couch, not just falling forward, but jumping off of it. And Sunday afternoon after I was on the treadmill, walking at a cool down pace, Trevor crawled right on it, coasted to the end and was projected off just to bonk his head on the chair in front of the computer. Luckily I did not step on him. It was one of those America's Funniest Home Videos moments where you think, "ooo, that's gotta hurt!" but you can't help but laugh. Too bad we weren't filming, that could've been Trevor's college education start up money when we won the $10,000 prize :)

So, those are the big ones, he bonks his head all the time on little things and tumbles. His poor little head :( He's a resilient bugger though, resilient, persistent, stubborn, and obviously hard headed :) He's just learned to walk and I'm already exhausted. . .what will happen when he can run and jump?!? Yikes! Love that boy though and never a dull moment. . .

Oh and I have video of him walking but haven't been able to put it on the computer. He's a walking fool now, hopefully soon you can all see!

No comments: