I hope that you all had a great Valentine's Day! We had a great day and now we're capping it off with a Cougar basketball game . . .ah the romance :) I haven't blogged in a while because I can't seem to think of anything to say, even though so much is happening all the time. I'm frantically getting ready to go this weekend to California, all, by, myself . . .it's crazy every time I think about that, I really will be all by myself. It will be a ton of fun and I'm hoping the kids will have fun with their daddy and grandma and grandpa.
We had a fun weekend, starting with a kids symphony concert! It was awesome! Darby and Trevor both loved it. They did a wizards, witches and goblins theme, so they had Wizard of Oz, Phantom of the Opera, and Harry Potter music. We were right up front and Darby loved to watch all the instruments, she said her favorite was the violin. She even got to play one after the concert. That's our cultural event for the next year :)
Quick notes on the kids. . .Trevor can now clap! It's funny how you get excited about the simplest things :) He also loves to play in the water, water from the dog dish, water in the bath, and of course water in the toilet bowl. Who doesn't love splashing around in a little pee water? That's something only a boy would do :) He's getting steadier standing up all on his own and getting pretty confident with things. He talks a lot, or more like grunting . . .he's just always making some sort of noise. Oh, and I almost forgot he puts everything in his mouth, I have to watch him really carefully. I'm usually pretty good but it turns out I missed something. . .today when I was changing his poopy diaper there was a 1/2 inch piece of plastic wrapping in his poop, that had to hurt :)
Darby's new things include changing her clothes about 10 times a day and usually putting things on backwards, including her jeans. Since I have been so busy lately I have been a little short with her and one night I sat down and I screamed a little in frustration and Darby asked "are you frustrated mom?" when I told her yes she asked me if I wanted a kiss and hug . . .my heart just melted. . .the kids can be frustrating but can neutralize anything with their sweetness and love. On the other hand she has added "frustrated" to her range of emotions and she gets "frustrated" about a lot of things.
Alright, even though I thought I had nothing to say, it seems that I do . . .I'll stop now and say until next time . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment