It's cold out there! This morning it was so cold out that our digital thermometer would not register it, it started registering at -21 degrees, yikes! The problem is, it is gorgeous blue skies out with beautiful snow-capped mountains all around, the perfect setting for a nice, brisk, winter walk . . .however -10 degrees is a little colder than brisk. I also have a Darb-problem, she hates to wear coats and snow pants or any layers at all, leaving her susceptible to frostbite if we go anywhere where she is outside for more than 2 minutes. We're just thickening up her blood, making her a Montana mountain girl :)
Anyways, not much to report here, we've finally had a "normal" week after the holidays. It's nice to get back into a sort of routine but I've been feeling a little funkish, down in the dumpy funks, not wanting to clean, exercise, eat anything but chocolate, you know . . .Unfortunately two kids don't really understand that mommy just wants to sit down with a cup of coffee and read a good book.
Here's a cute update on the fun things the kids are doing lately. Darby has almost put me into time out twice today :) I folded over her notebooks and she told me if I did it again I was going into time out. Also, she is very versed in the male and female anatomy, she likes to tell me and Trevor just exactly what we have and don't have. She's also been narrating her life into the mirror, very cute. Trevor sometimes joins her and loves to look at himself in the mirror too. Darby said to Erich the other day after her bath "look at my cute butt dad." One more thing on Trevor and I'm outta here, it takes a miracle to get his diaper changed in under 5 minutes now because he is on the go and he is STRONG! I lay him down and get the dirty diaper off and then he's rolled over and crawled away, while giggling, before I can get the new diaper opened up. Oh these cute kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment