Monday, October 23, 2006

Go Cougs!

Did anyone catch that Cougar game?!?! It was awesome! The Cougs upset the Ducks with a fun game of turnover after turnover after turnover. It was Darby's first Cougar game and she had a blast! She cheered really hard and got to see two huge marching bands, I think the bands might have been her favorite part. She kept waving at the drums, Butch the Cougar, and the Duck mascot. She didn't really know what to think of the game because it's a tad bit more intense than the Bobcat games :) She made it until about 7 minutes left in the 4th, and I think that's pretty good for a 2 year old.

Our trip to Pullman was super fun! We drove over on Friday and even stopped to check out my parents' new house by St. Maries in Northern Idaho, pretty cool. What wasn't cool was the crazy winding road from St. Maries to Plummer. Maybe it was the twisty roads and maybe it was Erich's crazy driving (just kidding) :) but Darby did not feel good, she puked all over the car and herself about 45 minutes from Pullman. It was pretty gross, but I was feeling pretty nauseous from the driving those roads too. Erich had the strong stomach to clean it all up and get us home . . .it was a pretty smelly 45 minutes.

I also got to take the new stroller for its virgin run and it was awesome! I love it and so did Darby and Trevor. We went to the Pumpkin Patch to pick pumpkins and I even got Darby's Halloween costume mostly done. That was only with my mom's help . . .it would've looked radically different had I tried that on my own. Trevor and Darby are now over their colds, save some snot at times, but at least every one's happy and sleeping.

We're starting to realize the differences between girls and boys as Trevor starts to develop more of his little personality. He is such a boy, he grunts and grabs and tries to chew on everything, he bangs his toys around and screams (not crying, screaming) if he's unhappy about anything. It's pretty fun and cute, hopefully we'll be able to handle it when he really starts getting into things :) All in all a great weekend! We miss the folks and Darby can't wait to get back to Pullman . . .

No comments: